Organized in New York City, May 4, 1836
It is hereby declared and decreed that the purpose of this organization, the Ancient Order of Hibernians in America, Inc., is:
- To promote Friendship, Unity, and Christian Charity.
- To foster and sustain loyalty to our country and community.
- To aid and advance, by all legitimate means, the aspirations and endeavors of the Irish people for complete independence, promoting peace with justice and unity for Ireland.
- To foster the ideals and perpetuate the history and traditions of the Irish people in the United States.
- To promote Irish culture and language in America.
- To encourage civic participation by our members.
- To encourage and promote an equitable US immigration laws for Ireland and to cooperate with other groups for a fair and just immigration policy in the United States.
- To accept and support, without prejudice, the concept of a free expression of religious practice for all of the people of the world.
Membership in the Ancient Order of Hibernians in America, Inc. is confined exclusively to practicing Catholics of Irish birth or descent, who are citizens, or who have declared their intention to become citizens, of the United States, Canada or any country of the Western Hemisphere.